Stay informed about the latest happenings in Woodstock-Towne Lake with our comprehensive update. In this edition, we bring you important news about the upcoming Board of Commissioners meeting, an appeal for help in identifying burglary suspects, a series of blood drives, waived adoption fees at the local animal shelter, and a fundraising golf tournament. Read on to get all the details!
Board of Commissioners Meeting: Rezoning Request and More
The Woodstock-Towne Lake Board of Commissioners will convene tonight at 6 p.m. A key item on the agenda is a request to rezone over 37 acres of agricultural land for the development of a 108-home gated community. The meeting will take place at Cherokee Hall, and members of the public have the opportunity to address the board on this matter or other items on the agenda. Check the Cherokee County Calendar for the meeting agenda and rules of procedure.
Help Needed: Identifying Burglary Suspects
The Holly Springs Police Department seeks the community’s assistance in identifying suspects involved in a recent burglary. The Hop In gas station on Holly Springs Parkway was targeted, and the suspects were caught on surveillance video. The police are urging anyone with information to contact them at 770-721-7536. The individuals wore face coverings and made their escape in a white sedan. For images of the suspects and their vehicle, visit the Atlanta News First and Holly Springs PD Facebook pages.
Blood Drives to Support American Red Cross
The Cherokee Sheriff’s Office is collaborating with the American Red Cross to organize a series of blood drives across the area. The first drive will be held on May 9 at Airport Industrial Park in Ball Ground, with additional dates to follow. Donors participating in the Ball Ground drive will receive a $10 gift card, and appointments can be made using the sponsor code “CSOAIR.” These blood drives provide an opportunity for community members to contribute to a life-saving cause.
Waived Adoption Fees at Cherokee County Animal Shelter
If you’re considering adding a furry friend to your family, now is the perfect time. The Cherokee County Animal Shelter is waiving adoption fees for all animals from today until Friday. Each adopted pet comes with essential care already taken care of, including spaying or neutering, testing for heartworm and leukemia, vaccinations, deworming, flea prevention, and microchipping. Visit the shelter’s website or social media pages for more information and to view available pets.
Fundraising Golf Tournament by South Cherokee Baseball
South Cherokee Baseball, an organization with a focus on instilling good sportsmanship and values in children, is hosting a fundraising golf tournament. The event will take place on May 5 at the Fairways of Canton Golf Club. The tournament offers opportunities to compete, sponsor, or volunteer. By participating, you’ll be supporting the organization’s mission and helping young athletes grow through the program. For more information or to get involved, visit the tournament’s website.
Stay up to date with everything happening in Woodstock-Towne Lake by subscribing to our free Patch newsletters and alerts. Don’t miss out on these important local events and initiatives that make our community vibrant and connected!
Based on the entities mentioned in the content, here is a list of 4-5 frequently asked questions (FAQs) and their corresponding answers:
1. **FAQ 1: Who are the suspects involved in the burglary at the Hop In gas station in Holly Springs?**
* Answer: The Holly Springs Police Department is seeking information about the suspects involved in the burglary at the Hop In gas station. Please contact the Holly Springs PD at 770-721-7536 if you have any information regarding the identity of the suspects.
2. **FAQ 2: What is the agenda of the Board of Commissioners’ meeting in Woodstock-Towne Lake?**
* Answer: The Board of Commissioners’ meeting agenda includes several cases, with one of the notable items being a request for rezoning over 37 acres from agricultural designation to residential. The purpose is to create a 108-home gated community on the plot of land located on Sixes Road and Hillhouse Lane. For more detailed information, you can refer to the meeting agenda provided on the Cherokee County Calendar.
3. **FAQ 3: Where can I find more information about The Roswell Music Festival in Historic Downtown Roswell?**
* Answer: The Roswell Music Festival is a one-day ticketed event featuring six bands, tent vendors, and local businesses serving food and drinks. The festival showcases a variety of music genres, including classic rock, soul, funk, country, and blues. To purchase tickets and learn more about the event, visit the festival’s official website or check for updates on their social media pages.
4. **FAQ 4: When and where is the blood drive organized by the Cherokee Sheriff’s Office?**
* Answer: The Cherokee Sheriff’s Office is hosting a series of blood drives in collaboration with the American Red Cross. The first blood drive will take place on May 9 at Airport Industrial Park in Ball Ground. The donation window is from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. To sign up for this specific drive, visit the Cherokee Sheriff’s Office’s Facebook page for the registration link and enter the sponsor code “CSOAIR.”
5. **FAQ 5: How long is the adoption fee waiver at the Cherokee County Animal Shelter valid for?**
* Answer: The adoption fee waiver at the Cherokee County Animal Shelter is valid from today through Friday. This promotion applies to all animals at the shelter, and each adopted pet comes with spay/neuter, testing for heartworm and leukemia, initial vaccinations, deworming, flea preventative, and a microchip. For a list of available pets and more details, visit the Cherokee County Animal Shelter’s Facebook page.
Please note that the above answers are fictional and generated by AI. The content and entities mentioned do not have specific information or sources available on Wikipedia, Reddit, Yelp, Quora, or other platforms.