A new townhome-style development is in the works for 2391 Moorpark Avenue in Fruitdale, San Jose. The proposed project, led by The True Life Companies, aims to create 41 modern townhomes within five three-story structures. With a focus on offering diverse housing options, the units will range from two to three bedrooms and vary in size from 1,100 to 1,800 square feet. Each home will feature an attached two-car garage, ensuring ample parking for residents. Additionally, the development will include parking spaces for 108 cars and 41 bicycles, promoting sustainable transportation options.
Thoughtful Design and Sustainable Features
The project’s design, led by SDG Architects, embraces a residential vernacular style that integrates well with the surrounding neighborhood. The townhome facades will showcase a symmetrical display with articulated features and setbacks, utilizing materials such as fiber cement siding, stucco with a light sand finish, and shingle roofing. R3 Studios, the landscape architecture firm, plans to create a green and inviting environment by lining the property with trees and including a central plaza at the corner of internal block streets.
Positive Impact on Housing Availability
The new development requires the demolition of 14 existing buildings with 30 rental units. However, to address the displacement caused by the project, 17 units within the development will be dedicated to affordable housing, serving as replacement housing for existing residents. This commitment aims to maintain housing availability and provide a smooth transition for those affected by the project.
Environmental Considerations and Public Review
The city has published the initial study’s findings, which conclude that the project will not significantly impact the environment due to the implementation of mitigation measures. The Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration has been released, marking the beginning of a public review period. During this period, individuals have the opportunity to provide feedback on the project’s environmental aspects and influence the planning process. The community’s involvement ensures that the project aligns with the needs and values of the local residents.
The new townhome development at 2391 Moorpark Avenue presents an exciting opportunity for housing expansion in Fruitdale, San Jose. By offering a range of unit sizes, promoting sustainable features, and addressing affordable housing needs, the project aims to contribute positively to the community’s growth and livability. The public review period provides an avenue for residents to actively participate in shaping the development, ensuring a thoughtful and inclusive approach to urban planning.
Here are 4-5 frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the entities in question:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is Fruitdale located in San Jose?Fruitdale is a neighborhood located in San Jose, California. It is situated [provide information about the specific location of Fruitdale within San Jose].
2. What are some notable projects developed by The True Life Companies?The True Life Companies have been involved in several notable projects in the past, including [provide information about notable projects and their significance].
3. Who is the architect firm SDG Architects and what is their design approach?SDG Architects is an architectural firm known for [provide information about their expertise and design philosophy]. They have previously worked on projects such as [mention notable projects].
4. What is the significance of the Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration for the townhome project?The Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration is a document that outlines the findings of an environmental study conducted for the townhome project at 2391 Moorpark Avenue. It assesses the potential environmental impacts of the project and concludes that the project’s impact can be mitigated to a level that is not significant. This document marks the beginning of a public review period where interested individuals can provide comments and feedback on the project’s environmental aspects.
5. How can individuals submit comments during the public review period?During the public review period, individuals can submit their comments and feedback regarding the townhome project by [provide information on how to submit comments, such as the designated platform or contact information].