Former MVP quarterback Matt Ryan is set to embark on a new journey as an NFL analyst for CBS Sports, while emphasizing that he is not retiring from the sport. The 37-year-old, who was recently released by the Indianapolis Colts, will bring his insights and expertise to the broadcasting world starting from the 2023 NFL season. This move puts him in direct competition with Tom Brady, who signed a groundbreaking $375 million contract with Fox Sports last year.
Matt Ryan’s Transition into Broadcasting
After being released by the Indianapolis Colts, Matt Ryan decided to pursue a career as an NFL analyst with CBS Sports. This allows him to stay involved in the sport he loves while exploring a new avenue in broadcasting. Ryan’s extensive experience and knowledge gained during his 14-year tenure with the Atlanta Falcons will undoubtedly provide valuable insights to viewers.
Rivalry with Tom Brady
The NFL broadcasting landscape is set for an intriguing rivalry as Matt Ryan and Tom Brady, two former MVP quarterbacks, find themselves working for rival networks. While Brady’s broadcasting debut with Fox Sports is scheduled for the 2024 season, Ryan will start his role with CBS Sports in September 2023. Fans and pundits alike will be comparing the two quarterbacks-turned-analysts and their respective styles of analysis.
Shows and Platforms
Matt Ryan’s presence as an NFL analyst will be felt across various shows and platforms at CBS Sports. He is expected to contribute his insights to popular programs such as “The NFL Today,” “The Other Pregame Show (TOPS),” “NFL Monday QB,” and CBS Sports HQ. Ryan’s role as a studio and game analyst will provide viewers with in-depth analysis and commentary on NFL games.
Excitement from CBS Sports
CBS Sports expressed their enthusiasm about adding Matt Ryan to their team of experts. Harold Bryant, the executive producer and executive vice president of production at CBS Sports, stated that they are thrilled to have Ryan on board and believe he will bring valuable perspectives to their coverage. Ryan’s experience as an NFL quarterback and his commitment to the sport make him a valuable asset to the network.
In summary, Matt Ryan’s transition to becoming an NFL analyst with CBS Sports marks an exciting chapter in his career. Contrasting Tom Brady’s broadcasting journey, Ryan’s insights and analysis will be available to viewers starting from the 2023 NFL season. With his extensive experience and role in popular CBS Sports programs, Ryan’s presence as an analyst is highly anticipated. CBS Sports is delighted to have him on board, and fans can look forward to a captivating rivalry between Ryan and Brady in the realm of NFL broadcasting. Based on the entities mentioned in the content, here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) that could provide the information we need:
1. **FAQ**: Who is Matt Ryan and what is his background in football?
* **Answer**: Matt Ryan is a former NFL quarterback known for his career with the Atlanta Falcons. He played for the Falcons for 14 years before being traded to the Indianapolis Colts in 2022. He has been named the NFL MVP and has achieved numerous records and accolades throughout his career.
2. **FAQ**: What led to Matt Ryan’s transition into the role of an NFL analyst?
* **Answer**: After being released by the Indianapolis Colts, Matt Ryan remained a free agent and decided to join CBS Sports as an NFL analyst. This move allows him to continue being involved in the sport while exploring a new career path in broadcasting.
3. **FAQ**: Who is Tom Brady and what is his broadcasting contract with Fox Sports?
* **Answer**: Tom Brady is a highly successful NFL quarterback who played for the New England Patriots and later joined the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He has won multiple Super Bowl championships and is considered one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. In May last year, he signed a 10-year, $375 million contract with Fox Sports, making it the most lucrative deal in sports broadcasting history.
4. **FAQ**: What shows and platforms will Matt Ryan be featured on as an NFL analyst with CBS Sports?
* **Answer**: Matt Ryan will be involved in various shows and platforms at CBS Sports, including “The NFL Today,” “The Other Pregame Show (TOPS),” “NFL Monday QB,” and CBS Sports HQ. He will serve as a studio and game analyst, providing insights and analysis on NFL games.
5. **FAQ**: Who is Harold Bryant and what is his role at CBS Sports?
* **Answer**: Harold Bryant is the CBS Sports executive producer and executive vice president of production. He oversees the production of sports content and is responsible for managing the network’s sports programming. Bryant expressed his excitement about having Matt Ryan join CBS Sports as an analyst.
These FAQs would provide information about the background of Matt Ryan, his transition into broadcasting, Tom Brady’s broadcasting contract, the shows and platforms where Matt Ryan will appear, and the role of Harold Bryant at CBS Sports.