Former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows dropped his bid for an emergency stay in the Georgia 2020 election racketeering case on Thursday.
Why it matters: Meadows abandoned his request to immediately pause Georgia’s prosecution after a judge ruled he did not have to go on trial next month alongside lawyers Kenneth Chesebro and Sidney Powell, whose case has been severed from the other defendants.
The big picture: Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee said Thursday that Trump, Meadows and 15 others will not go to trial in October, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Between the lines: In the filing, Meadows’ attorney, John S. Moran, said because the state has changed the schedule for the trial, there is no need for Meadows to pursue the emergency stay.
At least four of his fellow co-defendants have also made similar requests
Of note: Trump last week said he “may” ask a judge to move his prosecution on charges in the case to federal court.