A recent clip shared on Reddit has highlighted the importance of finding effective hiding spots in Apex Legends’ ranked battle royale mode. While players often utilize “rat spots” to blend in and camp undetected, a Pathfinder player learned the hard way that hiding in plain sight can backfire if certain mechanics are overlooked.
Glitching Gun Skin Gives Away Pathfinder’s Position
In the Reddit clip posted by user u/Tmac8811, a Pathfinder is seen hiding behind an open supply bin, thinking they found a perfect spot. However, their gun skin glitches out of the top of the loot box, exposing their presence. This hilarious blunder emphasizes the need for players to holster their weapons when attempting to hide.
The Art of Finding Effective Hiding Spots
In Apex Legends, improvisation is crucial when seeking good hiding spots, especially in ranked matches where placement matters. Hiding in plain sight, such as the back of an open supply bin, can be ideal, particularly if there is a wall behind it. Opponents typically won’t suspect enemies lurking there, provided there are no recon legends on their team to expose the hiding Pathfinder.
The Perils of Model Clipping in Apex Legends
Apex Legends is not without its glitches, including the issue of gun and character models clipping through seemingly solid objects. This problem becomes evident when players engage in stand-offs near closed doors or, in this case, when a Pathfinder’s weapon pokes through the lid of a loot bin. Such visual anomalies can give away a player’s position and jeopardize their hiding strategy.
Survival Tactics for Ranked Matches
In ranked matches, where earning points is essential, survival plays a significant role. Players are advised to crouch walk and only equip their weapons if enemies initiate an attack. Prioritizing survival is crucial for earning ranked points, and solo players are encouraged to strategically third-party the final fight in the last circle rather than being the first aggressor.
Apex Legends continues to captivate players with its intense battles and strategic gameplay. However, as the recent Pathfinder mishap demonstrates, even the most seemingly foolproof hiding spots can be compromised. Remaining vigilant of game mechanics and potential glitches is key to achieving success in the ranked battle royale mode.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Apex Legends?Apex Legends is a popular free-to-play battle royale game developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. It is set in the Titanfall universe and features a squad-based gameplay where teams compete against each other to be the last team standing.
2. How does the ranked battle royale mode work in Apex Legends?In the ranked battle royale mode of Apex Legends, players compete to earn higher ranks and climb the competitive ladder. The mode uses a skill-based matchmaking system, where players are matched with opponents of similar skill levels. Points are earned based on performance in matches, and players can gain or lose ranking depending on their placement and kills.
3. Who is Pathfinder in Apex Legends?Pathfinder is one of the playable characters, also known as “Legends,” in Apex Legends. He is a forward scout robot with the ability to grapple and traverse the environment quickly. Pathfinder is known for his mobility and scouting capabilities, making him a popular choice for players who prefer agility and reconnaissance.
4. What are rat spots in Apex Legends?Rat spots in Apex Legends refer to hidden and camouflaged areas where players can camp and remain undetected. These spots are often located in plain sight, allowing players to blend in with the environment and surprise their opponents. However, it requires knowledge of the game mechanics and awareness of potential glitches that may give away a player’s position.
5. How do gun and character models clip through objects in Apex Legends?Gun and character models clipping through objects in Apex Legends is a known issue in the game. It occurs when the game’s rendering system allows certain objects to be partially visible or intersect with other objects. This can result in situations where a player’s weapon or character model appears glitched or protruding through seemingly solid surfaces.